martes, 4 de mayo de 2010

And now

I finally have the answer from Nemesis. It made me really happy to finally have it and, at the same time, I have needed a couple of days to let it sink in.

First, I told a friend who IM'ed me out of "good vibes". Then, I told FavoriteCousin and JMercury, because they asked. After that, I've told a few more friends, and, a couple of hours ago, I told my parents. They were... having trouble understanding what I was saying. I told them that I finally had the confirmation from Nemesis, and that I would be leaving in a couple of months to see if we can make it as a couple. My father asked "so you have a job there, then?" I said "no". I told him that I was thinking about telling my bosses that I would be leaving in a couple of months, and that I would probably need a week of vacation fairly soon, in order to arrange some things (maybe take a trip with a couple of friends?). My father said "no, I think it's better that you don't tell them until you have a job there". I said "and what if I don't get a job there by the time I'm leaving?" I think he had trouble understanding the concept of me leaving, job or not. But anyway.

So I have to arrange some things now. I mean, I've told a few people, and soon everybody will know. And now what?



What do I bring? What do I leave behind? What about my job here? What about my job there? Where am I gonna live? What do I do with my car? And my friends? Probably a couple of farewell parties will be in order.

I'll be leaving by the end of June. My mom said "so you won't be here for your niece's birth?" I asked "When is she due?" "August." "Then no. Unless I come back to see her." Part of me was sad that I might not be here when Dr.Brother's daughter arrives, but I'm already delaying my trip almost an entire month, and things will continue happening, and confusing me, and I won't let them get in the way anymore.

The reason I'm writing all this is, well... partly because I was re-writing my CV and the Stupid M@##¢@÷∞¬#ing Word crashed and I needed some non-curricular (pun intended) activity. Partly because that's where I'm standing now, and because part 2 of this blog that you, my friends, are avoiding with all your heart's love, is about to begin. Hopefully all the drama and the emo crap will end now.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario